Saturday, August 20, 2011

The 411 on me and my cooking

So there are a few things you should know about the things I cook:

They don't contain meat. Ever. At all. :p 
I'm a vegetarian. Why? Well mostly because of this:
That's Star. She's my baby. She's also an animal. Would I ever eat her? No. I love her. Would you eat her? I hope not. So if I wouldn't eat her, why would I eat other animals who have feeling just like she does? 
I'm not trying to convince anyone to stop eating animals, that's your issue, I'm just explaining why I choose not to eat meat or cook it! I really want people to warm up to the idea that vegetarian dishes don't have to be bland and boring. 

I don't usually measure things.
The only reason I measure things is to get nutritional information on them. When I'm cooking, usually I just add however much of an ingredient looks good. Then when I calculate the calories, I guess how much I put in. Why then, you ask, can't you just go and tell us how much you used? Because I already forgot, sorry. Be brave, add however much looks good to you, live a little!!

I try to keep my meals under 500 calories.
After I married this hottie,
I gained a lovely 15-20 lbs. I was at an overweight BMI and feeling like poo about myself. April of this year I decided that I couldn't take it anymore and started counting my calories and exercising. I've lost 14 lbs so far and I want to keep them off! So I try not to go crazy with the calories. I think everyone can appreciate that. 

The End. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment