Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Cucumber Salad

Looks yummy, right? It is! This cucumber salad is a great side dish that's light and crisp and delicious all over! 

Nutritional Information:
 (now you can see about how much I used of everything! Everybody wins!)

Here are some of the ingredients we'll be using for this:
  • Mayo (optional, I wanted my salad to be slightly creamy. I used about 1/2 a tbsp.)
  • Rice vinegar
  • Dill weed
  • Red onion 
  • Tomato
  • Cucumber
  • Egg
I also added salt and pepper to taste. 

Note: If you don't like eggs, don't put them in your cucumber salad! I LOVE eggs and love any excuse to include them in a dish. When added to this salad they give a pretty significant egg flavor so keep that in mind!

While I'm pretty sure you can figure out how to make this salad, I'll tell you how just in case.

Preparation:

  1. Hard boil your egg.
  2. Peel your cucumber if you want. You don't have to! Slice it. I sliced mine into circles and then sliced those again to make more bite-friendly pieces.
  3. Dice your tomato into small pieces.
  4. Slice your onion. I sliced my onion into rings and then sliced the rings four ways.
  5. Once the hard boiled egg is cooked and cooled, slice it also.
  6. Mix the mayo and rice vinegar in the bowl you plan to serve the salad in. 
  7. Mix all sliced ingredients in the bowl.
  8. Add dill weed and salt and pepper if desired. 
  9. Mix it all together!
  10. Serve chilled and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment