(now you can see about how much I used of everything! Everybody wins!)
Here are some of the ingredients we'll be using for this:
- Mayo (optional, I wanted my salad to be slightly creamy. I used about 1/2 a tbsp.)
- Rice vinegar
- Dill weed
- Red onion
I also added salt and pepper to taste.
Note: If you don't like eggs, don't put them in your cucumber salad! I LOVE eggs and love any excuse to include them in a dish. When added to this salad they give a pretty significant egg flavor so keep that in mind!
While I'm pretty sure you can figure out how to make this salad, I'll tell you how just in case.
- Hard boil your egg.
- Peel your cucumber if you want. You don't have to! Slice it. I sliced mine into circles and then sliced those again to make more bite-friendly pieces.
- Dice your tomato into small pieces.
- Slice your onion. I sliced my onion into rings and then sliced the rings four ways.
- Once the hard boiled egg is cooked and cooled, slice it also.
- Mix the mayo and rice vinegar in the bowl you plan to serve the salad in.
- Mix all sliced ingredients in the bowl.
- Add dill weed and salt and pepper if desired.
- Mix it all together!
- Serve chilled and enjoy!