Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Zucchini Chips

We all do it!
At some point, we all have bought TOO MUCH of one vegetable. You see it in the store, you think, wow, I love this stuff! I can make so much with this! So you scoop it up, take it home, and it sits in your crisper until...well..who knows how long! 

I have this problem with zucchini. But tonight I found the PERFECT way to get rid of my zucchini. 

Zucchini Chips

See my yummy cucumber salad and tofu along with it?

Nutritional Information:

Ingredients:
1 zucchini
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
1 raw egg white
1-2 tbsp of almond milk or any milk
Optional:
Seasoned salt, onion powder, pepper, Parmesan cheese (the kind you shake out)
You should also have a wire rack to bake the zucchini chips on.

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 475 degrees.
Slice the zucchini
Mix the egg white and milk together in a container, then dunk your zucchini slices in this.
Mix the breadcrumbs and any spices together in a bowl, then dredge the zucchini chips into this  mixture so they are fully covered.
Place zucchini chips on a greased wire rack, place that onto a cookie sheet*, and bake for 25 minutes.
*If you want to add Parmesan cheese, I would add it at this point.

These were even better than I could have imagined! And for the calories they are a nice treat and seem naughtier than they really are ;) 


1 comment:

  1. Okay - I'm sooo making this tonight! Last night I cut up raw zucchini to just add to my salad, and was trying to figure out what to do with the rest of it...now I know. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete