Thursday, August 25, 2011

English Muffin Melt

I have a confession.
I have a deep, passionate love for flatbreads.


I looked in the commissary yesterday at some flatbreads. And guess how many calories there were in ONE. 250. Yep. 250 calories. For one flatbread. With no toppings. 


No thank you. 


I've used pita bread before, but today I decided to try out English Muffins as flatbreads. I was pleasantly surprised! I think you will be, too :)


Here's the nutritional info:

And in case you can't read, here's a visual of our ingredients
I accidentally ate the last slice of tomato I had, hence the sign, lol.

Preparation:
  1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Slice your tomato so you have two slices. Or you can dice them, whatever tickles your pickle!
  3. Slice or open your english muffin.
  4. Okay, now you're prepared. 
Directions:
  1. Spread one wedge of the cheese on each half of the english muffin.
  2. Place 1 slice of tomato on each half.
  3. Place as much spinach on each half of the muffin as you like. I did two leaves per half. 
  4. Sprinkle as much parmesan cheese on top as you like. I did about a tbsp. 
  5. Place on baking sheet, in a casserole dish, whatever you want, and put it in the oven.
  6. I cooked mine for about 7-10 minutes. I just kept checking on it and took it out when I felt like it was ready :p 
And when you take it out, it'll look like this:

JK, I don't know who that is. It'll look like an english muffin flatbread. 

This was so cheesy and delicious, I loved it, I hope you do, too!




No comments:

Post a Comment